There are 18 PCs and 10 Mac computers within the Library for users to conduct research, access internet or online resources.
The PCs and Mac computers have:
||No.1 – No.28
||No.1 – No.18
|Thomson Reuters Eikon
||No.7 – No.9
Users are not permitted to install any software or programme in any of these PCs.
Users are requested not to store any data or files in any of the library computers.
Document Delivery Service
Document Delivery Service (DDS) provides materials that are not available in the Kong Mou Sum (KMS) Library for the purpose of research, teaching and learning.
DDS Participating Libraries
– British Library
– Caritas Institute of Higher Education (CIHE) Library
– The Chinese University of Hong Kong Library
– The City University of Hong Kong Library
– The Education University of Hong Kong Library
– The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong Library
– Hong Kong Baptist University Library
– Hong Kong Shue Yan University Library
– The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library
– Lingnan University Library
– The University of Hong Kong Libraries
– The University of Macau Library
||Academic staff, research staff, postgraduate & doctoral student
|Type of Materials
||Printed journal articles & book chapters are available
||Free of charge
||Within 10 working days
||Delivered electronically in PDF format
|Quota (September to August)
||10 per Academic Year
Requests and Delivery
Please check the availability of journal article via Discovery Search first. If articles not own by the KMS Library, please send the completed Document Delivery Service Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Document Delivery Services (DDS) are provided in accordance with the Hong Kong Copyright Ordinance.
External Library Borrower’s Card and Reader’s Card
All staff and students are welcome to borrow the Library Borrower’s Card and Reader’s Card issued by the cooperative libraries to support research, teaching and learning. Interested staff and students can borrow the cards at the Kong Mou Sum Library Circulation Desk for up to 7 days each time and no renewal for Library Card.
Borrower’s Card Holders will be entitled to borrowing privilege and on-site access to electronic resources. Card Holders may use library resources and facilities within the Library.
|No. of Card Available
||On-Site Access to Electronic Resources
|The University of Hong Kong (HKU) Libraries
Circle of Friends
For more details: Here
||HK$2.00 per day
Reader’s Card provides on-site reading privilege. Card Holder may access the computer and utilize library resources and facilities inside the library.
- The card is not transferable and any loss of it must be reported without delay. A charge of HK$120.00 shall be made for obtaining a replacement card issued by the Library.
- All users must abide by the rules and regulations of the Library.
- The fee schedule may be changed by the Library as needed.
- Due to tightened security arrangement by some institutions, card holders may have to comply with their access policies when entering designated campus and libraries.
For details, please contact the KMS Library Circulation Desk staff.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service
The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Service is for requesting print books which are not available in the Kong Mou Sum (KMS) Library
Books can be obtained from other participating libraries to support study, research and teaching and as well as to facilitate information sharing.
||All CHCHE academic staff
||HK$2.00 per day
|Cancel a Request
|ILL Service Charge
||Free of charge
|Fees for loss and damage
||The current market cost of the item plus a processing fee of HK$100.00
Materials for loan
Books in the Circulation Collection from other libraries are available for ILL. In general, e-books, e-journals, reference materials and AV materials are not allowed.
ILL Participating libraries
- Caritas Institute of Higher Education (CIHE)
- Hong Kong Shue Yan University (HKSYU)
- Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU)
- Tung Wah College (TWC)
For ILL request (User Guide), please login your Library account in Union Search.
- The City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
- The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK)
Please send the ILL (Book) Request Form to email@example.com.
|Meeting Room Reservation
Kong Mou Sum Library provides three Meeting Rooms for staffs and students to conduct collaborative study and group discussion. All rooms are equipped with study table, chairs and whiteboard.
Table 1: Number of Users
||W408d & W408f
|Minimum number of users
|Maximum number of users
- All holders with valid CHCHE Staff or Student ID Card are eligible to use the room.
- Rooms are available for booking on a first-come-first-served basis from 30 minutes after the Library opens until 30 minutes before the Library closes.
- Each session is 30 minutes. The maximum of booking is up to 6 sessions per day and 3 bookings per week.
- The Meeting Room is expected to be used by the users who have registered for the loan. Reservation is not transferable.
- Users should use their own Staff or Student ID Card for reservation. Using others’ accounts or lending your Staff or Student ID Card to others is prohibited.
- Reservation can be made in eight days or within 5 minutes after the session starts on the same day advance through the Meeting Room Booking System.
- Principle user and users (refer to minimum requirement in Table 1) should check in the room by presenting their Staff or Student ID Cards at the Circulation Desk.
- If user is late for more than 15 minutes after the start of reserved session, the Library reserves the right to forfeit his/her reservation and the room will be released for other users to use.
- Minimum number of users (refer to Table 1) should be present in the Meeting Rooms during the reservation.
- No furniture or equipment should be removed from the meeting rooms. Users will be held responsible for any damages of the furniture and equipment in the room.
- Borrowers are responsible for loss or damage to items on loan. Any violations will be handled according to the Library Regulations.
- Do not leave any valuables when you are away from the room. The Library is not responsible for any loss or damage of personal property.
- Please keep voice down during the reserved session.
- No eating, drinking, games and gambling.
- Users must clear their personal belongings and leave the rooms clean after use. Library staff members will remove any personal belongings left behind and no further notice will be given.
- Users should also observe other Library Regulations. Any violations may result in termination of Meeting Room privileges.
- The Library reserves the right to inspect the rooms even if users are in use and to forfeit any reservation if there is abuse of regulation.
Enquiry and Assistance
For enquiry or assistance, please contact the Library Circulation Desk at 2972 7332.
Photocopying, Printing and Scanning
Photocopying and Printing
The Library provides photocopying and printing services for users. There are four photocopiers/printers which support B/W and color printing in both A4 and A3 paper size and offer facilities for text enlargement or reduction. All of them are operated by Standard Octopus cards.
– HK$0.4 per page for A4 (B/W)
– HK$3.0 per page for A4 (Color)
– HK$0.6 per page for A3 (B/W)
– HK$3.5 per page for A3 (Color)
Receipt of Photocopying/Printing Fee
The Student Union or the related societies can request the receipt of photocopying/printing fee for college activities use.
The printer and photocopier machines Console 1 & Console 2 are now providing scanning service. You can use the Console 1 & Console 2 to scan to your email, free of charge.