- Admission to the Library is conditional upon the presentation of a valid staff/students identity card or reader card issued by the Library. Library staff may refuse entry if users cannot produce a proper identity card.
- It is the user’s responsibility to attend to their personal belongings. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal property.
- Library users are not allowed to reserve places, by any means, for their own use or for other library users. Any seat left vacant for fifteen minutes may be taken by another Library user.
- All users should follow the instructions on the proper use of the Library displayed in the library or given verbally by library staff.
- All users shall enter / leave the Library through the designated entrance / exit unless directed otherwise by the library staff.
- Silence must be observed within the Library and adjacent areas. Users are reminded to switch off mobile phones while studying in the Library. Smoking, games of any form, eating or drinking is not permitted in the Library.
- If requested by a Library staff member on duty, all Library materials and bags must be presented for inspection at the Library exit.
- Anything which, in the opinion of the Library staff, may interfere with the proper use and management of the Library is not permitted within the Library. Photographic equipment may not be used in the Library without the permission of the Library staff.
- Library users shall not damage, mutilate or deface any of the Library materials or resources. Any attempt to do so, will subject the offender to serious disciplinary action.
- Library users shall not copy any data from their own software onto the hard disk of any computer in the Library. The College reserves the right to erase any such data on computers without notice and without making a copy.
- When using the Library’s printing and photocopying services, users must observe copyright law. The College and KMS Library shall not be held responsible for any infringement of intellectual property rights that might arise from a user copying any material or data.
- Breach of Library regulations may result in the withdrawal of Library privileges.