Admission to the Library will be permitted only upon presentation of a valid CHCHE Staff, Student ID Card or Reader’s Cards which are issued by the Library.
Borrowing privileges are available to full time and part time staffs, and registered full time and part time students currently taking a CHCHE course. All Library users are subject to the borrowing regulations
(Please refer to “Patron Borrowing Categories”, “Borrowing Limits” & “Borrowing Regulations”).
- Books can be returned via the book-drop when the Library is closed.
- Overdue books, non-printed library materials and Interlibrary Loan materials should be returned at the Library circulation counter.
- Please do not drop any books into the box when it is full. Please note: If the drop box is full, please return the books to the circulation desk the next business day. The late charge will be adjusted in this case.
Book Drop located at 4/F next to main entrance.
|For Student:||Postgraduate Student||Undergraduate Student|
* New Item is not renewable
|Renew 2 times||Quota (items)||20||10|
|Loan Period (days)||56||28|
( CRN )
|Loan Period||In Library Use Only ( 2 hrs Loan )*|
( CRR )
|Loan Period (days)||3||3|
( CRT )
|Loan Period (days)||7||7|
( PGR )
|Renew 2 times||Quota (items)||2||Not for circulation|
|Loan Period (days)||56|
|External Library Card||Renew||Quota (items)||1||1|
|Loan Period (days)||up to 7 days ^|
|Maximum Loan Quota||20||10|
|For Staff:||Full-time Academic||Part-time Academic||Full-time Staff||Part-time Staff||Project Staff|
|General Collection||Renew 2 times||Quota (items)||25||10||10||5||5|
|Loan Period (days)||70||28||28||28||28|
( CRN )
|Loan Period||In Library Use Only ( 2 hrs Loan )*|
( CRR )
|Loan Period (days)||3||3||3||3||3|
( CRT )
|Loan Period (days)||7||7||7||7||7|
( PGR )
|Renew 2 times||Quota (items)||2||2||Not for circulation|
|Loan Period (days)||28||28|
|External Library Card||Renew||Quota (items)||1||1||1||1||1|
|Loan Period (days)||up to 7 days^|
|Maximum Loan Quota||25||10||10||5||5|
All items must be checked out at the Library Circulation Counter. The reference collection, Periodicals and newspapers are for use in Library only. Borrowers must return all loan items to the Circulation Desk during regular Library hours or the Book Drop (after closing).
Borrower may request to reserve 3 loaned books. The requester will be notified to collect the item(s) from the Circulation Desk within 7 days. Items that are not picked up within that period will be returned to the General Collection for normal circulation, or will be passed to the next requester, if applicable.
All loans items (General Collection) are subject to recall once the item is requested by another user. The loan period will be shortened. The new due date will be shown in users’ Library Record and in a Recall Notice emailed to users. Items being requested by other users cannot be renewed.
Borrowers are responsible for returning their loans on or before the due date / time. Due date / time is listed under the circulation record of Library. An overdue fine will be calculated immediately from the day/hour following the due date/time. The following charge rates shall apply:
|e.g., books, CD-Rom||HK$2.00 per item per day|
|e.g., rare books, course reserve materials||HK$2.00 per item per hour|
If the materials are not returned within 60 days after the due date, borrowing privileges will be suspended, and the borrower will be charged for the replacement costs of the items and the materials should be returned to the library even if replacement costs have been paid.
Renewals must be done in person on or before the due date/ time. A maximum of two renewals may be made on any loan other than from the Reserve Collection. No renewal will be allowed if the item has been requested by another borrower.
Course Reading Policy
Course Reading materials are academic resources that recommended by academic staff for the coming semester. There are three types of Course Reading materials including Library Use Only (2-Hours-Loan), 3-Days-Loan and 7-Days-Loan with no renewal. The short loan materials ensures highly demanded materials are available to students. Users may borrow these materials at Library Circulation Counter.
Any mutilation, damage or loss of library materials must be reported to Library staff immediately. Borrowers will be held responsible for loss or damage to any items on loan to their account. Borrowers may be required to pay the full item value plus the shipping and handling fees for the replacement. A charge of HK$50.00 shall be made for handling fees. If the items are out of print or cannot verify their costs, the prices will be calculated HK$1.5 for each page. Loss or damaged materials will continue to be the property of the CHCHE Library even if a replacement charge has been paid.
All paid funds are non-refundable.
All staff and students need to present valid staff/students identity cards to use the services and facilities provided by the Library. The card are not transferable and must been shown when borrowing materials.
|I||Full time academic||Valid Staff Library card from the Library|
|II||Part time academic|
|III||Full time staff|
|V||Part time staff|
|VI||Active students taking CHCHE Master Degree Program||Valid Student ID card from CHCHE Registry|
|VII||Active students taking CHCHE Doctor Degree Program|
|VIII||Active students taking CHCHE Undergraduate Degree Program|
|VIII||Active students taking CHCHE Computer Center courses||Valid student card from CHCHE Computer Center Registry|
- Applicants who request for photography/videotaping/filming must complete the Request Form and submit it to the Circulation Desk at least 2 days in advance of the requested date within opening hours of the Library.
- The photographer/filmmaker/film crew should wear a temporary permission card which is issued by the Library until the end of the photography / videotaping / filming.
- Approved photography / videotaping / film shooting activity SHOULD:
- 3.1 be conducted by the principal applicant or his/her photography/videotaping /filming team;
- 3.2 be carried out during non-peak hours (early mornings, evenings, weekends, non-exam period) ;
- 3.3 not impede access to entrance, exits, stairways and corridors;
- 3.4 take place in the application zone;
- 3.5 not interfere with the study/research activities, privacy or safety of Library users;
- 3.6 not move, rearrange or remove any materials, equipment or furniture without prior permission by the Library;
- 3.7 keep voice down;
- 3.8 comply with the Library Regulations;
- The photographer / filmmaker / film crew should gain prior consent of any individual, including library staff or users, who will appear in or be the subject of the photography / videotaping / filming.
- The photographer / filmmaker / film crew should restore the original scene and clean the area after photography / videotaping / filming.
- If any material, equipment or furniture is found dirty, damaged or lost, the photographer/filmmaker/film crew will be held responsible for cleaning or replacement costs.
- The Library reserves the ultimate right to terminate any photography/ videotaping /film shooting activity which causes undue disturbance, violates Library regulations or jeopardizes the privacy and safety of Library staff and users.
Enquiry and Assistance
For enquiry or assistance, please contact the Library Circulation Desk at 2972 7332.
- Admission to the Library is conditional upon the presentation of a valid staff/students identity card or reader card issued by the Library. Library staff may refuse entry if users cannot produce a proper identity card.
- It is the user’s responsibility to attend to their personal belongings. The Library will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal property.
- Library users are not allowed to reserve places, by any means, for their own use or for other library users. Any seat left vacant for fifteen minutes may be taken by another Library user.
- All users should follow the instructions on the proper use of the Library displayed in the library or given verbally by library staff.
- All users shall enter / leave the Library through the designated entrance / exit unless directed otherwise by the library staff.
- Silence must be observed within the Library and adjacent areas. Users are reminded to switch off mobile phones while studying in the Library. Smoking, games of any form, eating or drinking is not permitted in the Library.
- If requested by a Library staff member on duty, all Library materials and bags must be presented for inspection at the Library exit.
- Anything which, in the opinion of the Library staff, may interfere with the proper use and management of the Library is not permitted within the Library. Photographic equipment may not be used in the Library without the permission of the Library staff.
- Library users shall not damage, mutilate or deface any of the Library materials or resources. Any attempt to do so, will subject the offender to serious disciplinary action.
- Library users shall not copy any data from their own software onto the hard disk of any computer in the Library. The College reserves the right to erase any such data on computers without notice and without making a copy.
- When using the Library’s printing and photocopying services, users must observe copyright law. The College and KMS Library shall not be held responsible for any infringement of intellectual property rights that might arise from a user copying any material or data.
- Breach of Library regulations may result in the withdrawal of Library privileges.