The Kong Mou Sum Library welcomes donations of books and other materials and is grateful to any donors for enriching our collection and sustaining learning, teaching and researching of students and teachers.
Donating to the Library
Donors can drop off their donated items with the Donation Form ( Download Donation Form ) at the Circulation Desk within the opening hours of Library or mail the items to the following address:
Kong Mou Sum Library
Chu Hai College of Higher Education
4/F, West Wing, 80 Castle Peak Road, Castle Peak Bay, Tuen Mun, N.T. Hong Kong.
Donation Review and Acceptance
The Library will review donated items and decide whether they can be accommodated to the existing collection.
Generally the Library will not accept:
- Duplicate items already held by the Library (unless in high use);
- Materials that are obsolete or lack academic and reference value;
- 2.1 Titles in the subject of Science and technology of more than 10 years;
- 2.2 Titles in the subject of Computer and Commerce of more than 3 years;
- 2.3 Titles in the subject of Travel Guides of more than 5 years.
- Materials in poor condition, such as damage, missing page, water stain, additional mark and line, violation of copyright, lacking copyright and copied version;
- Scattered or single volumes of a multi-volume set;
- Religious titles of propagatory nature;
- Member Directory of institution;
- Meeting Report with only meeting agenda, name list and outline;
- Sound or video recording which lacks broadcasting authorization;
- Scattered periodicals and newspapers;
- Materials that do not meet the Collection Development Policy of the Library
Apart from materials of high circulation, the maximum amount of duplicate copy is two volumes.
The library reserves the right to determine retention, location, cataloguing treatment, exchange materials and other considerations related to use or disposition.
Enquiry and Assistance
For enquiry or assistance, please contact the Library Circulation Desk at 2972 7332.